Thursday 27 January 2011

248.Wishes to be the catcher in the rye



Chasing Rainbows-Shed Seven

So I finished The Catcher in the Rye this morning on the bus.It was pretty interesting,even if it kind of felt plotless.It's just sort of about a depressed teenage kid in New York,and the shittyness of being a teenager.Not exactly the most entertaining book,but I can definatley appreciate it,and see the beauty in it.I struggled to fully like Holden(the main character) at the beggining of the book,but by the end you get to like him,and the fact that he wants to catch the children from falling into adulthood. It was a little depressy though...I feel I need to stop reading depressing kind of books. Before this,I read The Virgin Suicides,which isn't really about rainbows,and fairydust and happiness. Still plodding through Jude the Obscure which doesn't seem to be going towards rainbows and fairydust.It's a tale of a man who can't find happiness in love,and who cannot ever fufill his dreams.
Anyways,I'm oh so very tired as usual,so goodnight blogging world.
Sofie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! My eyes are wide open.
I'll try to reply to you ^.^